We want to help you move your accounts to The Bank of Fincastle with ease. Moving your checking account can be overwhelming, but it most certainly does not have to be.
- When you open your new account, you will receive a starter kit that will contain temporary checks. The checks will contain our bank routing number and your new account number. The Bank of Fincastle’s routing number is 051403588. Be sure to make note of these numbers.
- Once your account is open you can sign up for our online banking service, Personal Online Banking. That way, you will be able to have access to your accounts wherever and whenever you need to. For more information on Personal Online Banking, click here.
- Sign up for Personal Online Banking
- Personal Online Banking with Bill Pay is available within your Personal Online Banking account. If you wish to activate Bill Pay, you must set it up through your Personal Online Banking account. For more information on Personal Online Banking with Bill Pay, click here.
- Stop using your old checking account, but be sure to keep it open until all of your checks have cleared and your direct deposits and automatic payments have been changed.
- Shred your old, unused deposit slips, checks, ATM and VISA check cards. Then balance your old account. Complete the Reconciliation Form and be sure to keep it for your records.
- Authorize The Bank of Fincastle as your new bank for Direct Deposits. Complete the Direct Deposit /Automatic Payment Enrollment Form, using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company or organization that issues the direct deposit. You can also use this form anytime you want to set up a new direct deposit to your accounts at The Bank of Fincastle.
- Authorize The Bank of Fincastle as your new bank for automatic payments. Use this form to change any loan payments, membership dues, automatic investments, insurance payments, or any other payments that you currently pay through automatic payment from your checking account. Complete the Direct Deposit Automatic Payment Enrollment Form , using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company that charges your account. Depending on when you send in the form, it may take two billing cycles for the change to be processed.
- Close your old checking account. Once all in-process deposits or withdrawals and automatic payments/deposits have cleared your old checking account, complete the Account Closing Form Letter and mail it to your previous financial institution. Your former bank will send you a check for any remaining balance.
Click on the following for printable applications:
If you have any questions, please stop by one of our branch locations or call us at 540-473-2761. We want to do everything we can to make your switch to The Bank of Fincastle as easy and simple as possible.